اردو

Nazar not to seek extension as Director Academies

Former Test cricketer took up the role on June 1, 2016

PHOTO: File

Former Test cricketer Mudassar Nazar has confirmed he will not be seeking an extension to his contract when it expires on May 31, 2020.

Nazar joined the PCB as Director Academies on June 1, 2016 on a three-year contract, which was extended to another one year earlier this year.

Speaking on the development Nazar said: “It has been an exciting and satisfying time with the PCB as Director Academies. When I had joined from the ICC Academy in Dubai in June 2016, I was clear in my mind that it will be a three-year period, but I extended to another year after being requested and convinced by my colleagues. However, it is now time for me to return to the United Kingdom, spend time with my family and explore other opportunities.”

“I can reflect on my tenure at the National Cricket Academy with satisfaction as we have been able to identify and produce a number of quality cricketers, some of whom have already represented Pakistan while others are knocking on the doorsteps of international cricket,” he added.

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said: “We all respect Mudassar’s decision. He has been an integral part of the PCB, looking after one of the most critical areas, which deals with players’ and coaches’ development. As Director Academies, Mudassar’s contributions and efforts are acknowledged and we thank him for giving his very best. On behalf of myself and everyone at PCB we thank him for his service and wish him well.”

The PCB will start the process of finding Nazar’s replacement in due course.