اردو

Pakistan players set to earn big after signing central contracts

Match fee for the longer format will be more than double than that of a T20I

PHOTO: AFP

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has considerably increased the match fee for Test matches inorder to maintain cricketer’s interest in the longer format.

According to the new central contracts, the match fee for the Test matches will be more than double than that of a T20 International.

Match fees in International matches (PKR)

Category

 Test

ODI

T20I

A

762,300

468,815

338,250

B

665,280

390,033

270,600

C

568,260

312,543

202,950

 

Squad members who are not part of the playing XI will be paid fifty percent of the match fee.

During home and away series, the Pakistan captain and vice-captain will receive a fixed weekly allowance of $250 and $100 respectively. The daily allowance of players for away tours has been set at $114, whereas it will be PKR 5,000 for home series. However, the daily allowance for tour to England would be $150.

The PCB has also devised a plan to incentivise outstanding performances. If the Men in Green beat the top three ranked sides or India, each member of the playing XI will receive a bonus equivalent to 100 % match fee in Test, 75 % in ODIs and 50 % in T20Is. Similarly, if Pakistan wins a series against the same opponents, every member of the squad will get a bonus equivalent to 200% match fee. The bonus will be increased to 300% in case of winning an International Cricket Council (ICC) event.

READ MORE: PETA India advises Pakistan cricket team to go Vegan

Winning prize money of the match will be equally distributed among the players.  The Player of the series will only receive 25 percent of the rewarded income, whereas the other 75 percent will be distributed among his team-mates.

The PCB will award PKR 3 00,000 each to the Player of the match in Tests and ODIs, while PKR 150,000 in T20Is. On the other hand, Player of the series will get PKR 600,000 in Tests, PKR 500,000 in ODIs and 250,000 in T20Is.

The board has also set a fixed match fee for participating in domestic matches for centrally contracted players.

Match fees in domestic matches (PKR)

Category

Four-day

One-day

T20

A

330,000

210,000

150,000

B

290,000

175,000

120,000

C

248,000

140,000

90,000

 

The Men in Green will also be eligible to receive money for logo sponsorship. The players will receive PKR 450,000 for Test and PKR 225,000 for limited-overs matches as sponsorship money.